NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE MATERNE CANADA 2022 “GOGO SQUEEZ® EASTER HUNT” CONTEST (THE “Contest”) WILL BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
• be a legal resident of Canada, and
• be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry.
Employees of Materne Canada. (“Materne”, the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 11, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 20, 2022 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries (as defined below) shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
• ENTRIES: In order to be awarded a Contest entry, the entrant must:
o First fully complete the sign-up form to create a profile located at gogosqueez.ca/easter-hunt (the “Contest Website”), including all of the required information. Once a profile has been created, the contestant must locate and click on the Easter themed icons that are hidden throughout the Contest Website. There are a total of 10 icons to be found. For each icon found, the contestant will be awarded one contest entry (an “Entry”). Each contestant will be eligible to receive up to 10 Contest Entries throughout the Contest Period which will commence on Monday April 11, 2022, at 9:00:00 am ET and will end on Thursday April 20, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
o NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To receive ten Entries into the Contest draw without entering on the Contest Website, mail in a minimum 50 word, handwritten, original essay telling us “What is your favourite feature on the new GoGo squeeZ website and why” and include your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to “GoGo squeeZ Easter Hunt” 1384 Cornwall Road, Oakville Ontario, L6J 7W5. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by April 20, 2022 and received by April 30, 2022 at noon ET. Limit of one entry per outer envelope.
o Each contestant is limited to 10 Entries regardless of the method of entry. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to create multiple profiles and submit more than 10 Entries into the Contest by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. For purposes of this Contest, an Entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Contest Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Those who do not follow all the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
(a) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize (as defined below).
(b) Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
• There are a total of six (6) prizes available to be won: One (1) Grand Prize and five (5) Secondary Prizes.
• Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won, consisting of 25 coupons for free 16 packs of GoGo squeeZ®. The ARV of the “Grand Prize” is $299.75 CAD.
• Secondary Prize: There are five (5) Secondary prizes (the “Secondary Prizes”) available to be won, each consisting of five (5) coupons for free 16 packs of GoGo squeeZ®. The ARV of the “Secondary Prize” is $59.95 CAD.
• The Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes are collectively referred to as the “Prizes”. The Grand Prize winner and Secondary prize winners are collectively referred to as the “Winners”.
• The total value of all Prizes is $599.50 CAD.
• The Sponsor and/or Sponsor representatives will contact the Winners to coordinate the prizing details once the Winners have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
• The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and has no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize or an element thereof, with a prize or element thereof of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. WINNER SELECTIONS.
The (1) potential Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winners”) shall be selected as follows:
• There will be one (1) Grand Prize draw:
o The Grand Prize Draw will be held on Monday, May 2, 2022 in Oakville, Ontario at 9:30 am. ET, the (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (April 11, 2022 at 9:00 am ET – April 20, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET). The selected entrants in the random draw shall be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
The (5) potential Secondary Prize winners (the “Secondary Prize Winners”) shall be selected as follows:
• There will be one (1) Secondary Prize draw:
o The Secondary Prize Draw will be held on Monday, May 2, 2022 in Oakville, Ontario at 9:45 am EST. The (5) entrants will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (April 11, 2022 at 9:00 am ET – April 20, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET). The selected entrants in the random draw shall be eligible to win the Secondary Prize.
• The odds of being selected as a Grand Prize or Secondary Prize Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor throughout the Contest Period.
• Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
• SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE AND/OR EMAIL NO LATER THAN 2 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. If a selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
6. RELEASE. The selected entrants will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, and/or licensees, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any element of the Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within five (5) business days of notification, or the selected entrant will be disqualified, and another entrant will be selected.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, the entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any element of the Prize (if won), participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity (if won). The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, mobile device, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, mobile device, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any network, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
• By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) if he/she is the Winner grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information (first name and initial and city of residence) for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion (subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec) to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. For Quebec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the English version of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, or the French version of these Contest Rules, the terms and conditions of the English version of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized.
16. Sponsor and Administrator. Materne Canada. 2000 Argentia Road Plaza 1, Suite 400 Mississauga ON L5N 1P7
17. Winner List. For the winner’s name (available after May 20, 2022), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope to: The GoGo squeeZ® Easter Hunt Contest, 2000 Argentia Road Plaza 1, Suite 400 Mississauga ON L5N 1P.