NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE MATERNE CANADA. “Instagram Giveaway” (THE “Contest”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
• be a legal resident of Canada;
• be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry
• be a follower of GoGo squeeZ Canada Instagram social media account Employees, representatives or agents of Materne Canada. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. This Contest will run from time to time as determined by the Sponsor. The Contest will be announced on Instagram, and will begin at the time of posting on the Instagram platform and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. on the day identified on the Instagram post (the “Contest Period”) at which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries (as defined below) shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
ENTRIES. In order to enter the Contest, the contestant must follow the method of entry set out on the contest post on Instagram, as well as following the page and liking the contest post. Each contestant will be eligible to enter one entry throughout the Contest Period.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
• Limit of one (1) Entry per Instagram profile throughout the Contest Period. If a participant’s response is posted on Instagram outside of the dates and times specified, as indicated by the date/time stamp on the post, the entry will be disqualified. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, or abide by these Contest Rules or other instructions of the Sponsor may also be disqualified.
(a) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received within the contest period on Instagram to be entered in the Contest draw. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected to receive the Grand Prize.
(b) Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram profile associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of the Instagram Profile is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the profile. The selected entrant may
be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder associated with the winning entry.
• Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won and one (1) Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). The one (1) Grand Prize consists of the details set out in the Instagram post, and the value of the Grand Prize is also as set out in the Instagram post.
• The Sponsor and/or Sponsor representatives will contact the Grand Prize Winner via direct message on the Instagram platform to coordinate the prizing details once the potential Grand Prize Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Grand Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
• The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Gift card prizes (if applicable) are subject to the terms and conditions of their issuer. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or an element thereof, with a prize or element thereof of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
The one (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
• There will be one (1) draws as follows:
o One (1) Grand Prize Draw. On the first Monday following the end of the Contest Period at 11 a.m. ET in Oakville, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrant in the random draw will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of be selected as the Grand Prize winner will depend on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
• THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY INSTAGRAM DIRECT MESSAGE NO LATER THAN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive the selected entrant’s response.
6. RELEASE. The selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Grand Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, and/or licensees, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any element of the Grand Prize including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within ten (10) business days of notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified, and another entrant will be selected.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any element of the Grand Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Grand Prize -related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, postage-due, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, mobile device, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, mobile device, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any network, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at gogosqueez.ca/instagramcontestrules and made available throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
• By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting the potential winner; (ii) if he/she is the winner grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion (subject only to the approval of the R gie des alcool, des course et des jeux in Quebec), to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. For residents of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the R gie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the R gie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the English version of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, the French version of these Contest Rules, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the English version of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Instagram. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.